Saturday, December 16, 2006

lunch out for our gang

It's hard to believe that all the planning in LA and here we are at the end of week one of the apprenticeship programme already! Vani took all of us, including all the regular staff people involved, out for lunch at the InOrbit mall. It was great fun... we couldn't all fit at one table since there were 20 of us. So we split onto five tables and were served tasty thalis... this place was Gujurat style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thali

The waiters come by constantly retopping all the little bowls. And the head waiter guys have all this cool sign language (think baseball's sign language for what to pitch to throw!) to indicate what table needs what food. There must be about 20 different foods you are given - your taste buds are certainly teased in ever way - delicious...and then a choice of about 4 desserts (I had gulab jamuns to die for.... better than any I've tasted before. Juicy inside... oh man. My mouth is watering even now....


I took a bunch of photos... today was the first real day I have taken some. I had showed my camera to Ravi... who I know will become my mentor in all things photographic here in India. He is full of good tips. I look forward to going out to take photos with him. I've put all the photos on my Flickr site.. so you can check them out there.....

No comments: